Les presets synthétiseurs de Christian Flake Lorenz

well,we KNOW its a vintage hardware organ preset now, that is not in omnisphere. not a church organ, though. ;) i always thought it sounded like a good old rock click organ. it was a standard preset, i remember. and the whole thing was named something like, VR-30 or....well a combination of letters and numbers. thats as far as i remember. i didnt think of making notes, unfortunately. i should have written it down. anyhow, progress!

• Like 1
  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi there, good awesome news! Watched some horror movies during Easter holidays and just made a pretty funny and amazing discovery! Flake took samples out of the famous horror film cl

Hi! I've made some discoveries in G-Force M-Tron Pro: So, I've made an error on the Mein Teil strings, they're actually like this: Layer A: MKII Violins https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FZDJ

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1i0CMcChVKXr-S4UU8W_bn26CF4cca3wz   Les "No! et "Yeah!" sur l'intro MIG de Bück Dich.   [Ueberschall Jam-Box>Partition K>VOCAL MIX>24 VOCA

9 hours ago, Synth_Lead said:

We all know it's a 3xOsc type synth, you just need to put the right parameters on it, and play.

To ask Flake about the Ich Tu Dir Weh patch is far more interesting, even if it's still unclear, we now know we were searching the wrong way. I don't think this patch can be found in Omnisphere...

It's not fact. And if he would told about Weisses Fleisch, it would make clear about all synthes in Hezeleid/Sehnsucht period. 

• Like 1

Yes, i think it was not impossible for the six guys, to record that chant themselves. ALSO i forgot to ask him, what that driven weird screeching solo in BENZIN is....but it sounds just as much as a human voice, heavily edited and then pitched accordingly. AND i wanted to know ALSO about the synth bass from the BENZIN intro. too bad, but as i said before -i didnt want to unnerve him in that short time we had.  well...."next time".  

• Like 1
Il y a 9 heures, Fleischgewehr a dit :

Yes, i think it was not impossible for the six guys, to record that chant themselves. ALSO i forgot to ask him, what that driven weird screeching solo in BENZIN is....but it sounds just as much as a human voice, heavily edited and then pitched accordingly. AND i wanted to know ALSO about the synth bass from the BENZIN intro. too bad, but as i said before -i didnt want to unnerve him in that short time we had.  well...."next time".  

The Benzin synth bass should be from some VST, it sounds too complicated for the synths Flake use to have, I guess !

And yes, the solo sounds like a human voice, but pitched !

il y a 32 minutes, Synth_Lead a dit :

The Benzin synth bass should be from some VST, it sounds too complicated for the synths Flake use to have, I guess !

And yes, the solo sounds like a human voice, but pitched !

I experimented once, apparently the Benzin solo is a basic synth lead with a surreal amount of flanger.

• Like 1
Il y a 5 heures, SkullX2 a dit :

I experimented once, apparently the Benzin solo is a basic synth lead with a surreal amount of flanger.

That's interesting ! There are so much possibilities to create these solos, I guess we'll never know from where it comes !

Le 22/11/2017 à 01:42, Fleischgewehr a dit :

I've seen something for the Bnezin synth bass. I've got a demo, where the synth bass is replaced with guitars, so it could be a guitar sound with a lot of effects on it... Or, and that's more interesting, there's an other demo of Benzin (apparently) that was named Absynth, thanks to the Absynth VST. So the synth bass could be from there

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SkullX2 said:

Actually it uses Choral Fx from Hades.

You can have a lookup on the very first page of this thread.

Perhaps I was unclear. The second part of the intro is where Miserere Mei Rev kicks in. 00:27

Edited by Rihin
il y a 43 minutes, Rihin a dit :

Perhaps I was unclear. The second part of the intro is where Miserere Mei Rev kicks in. 00:27

It does use it as a soundsource but it's 100% "from Hades"

If you really want to try, [Multi > Stacked Sounds > Choral FX from Hades] on the F3 & C5 keys.

Edited by SkullX2
52 minutes ago, SkullX2 said:

It does use it as a soundsource but it's 100% "from Hades"

If you really want to try, [Multi > Stacked Sounds > Choral FX from Hades]

Yup! You're definitely correct.

Maybe they named the effect wrong on the first page. It sounds nothing like the part.

Edited by Rihin

Hm, i was playing with few Sound Canvas soundbanks (Roland Sound Canvas VA vst ,119$ get yours today), and i found this, i haven't listened to waidmanns in a while but i'm pretty sure it is based on this (Roland Sound Canvas SC-8850 : Wide Frehrns)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ih0j38sakhlxcr/waidmanns.mp3?dl=0

Edited by Reiselied
il y a 6 minutes, Reiselied a dit :

Hm, i was playing with few Sound Canvas soundbanks (Roland Sound Canvas VA vst ,119$ get yours today), and i found this, i haven't listened to waidmanns in a while but i'm pretty sure it is based on this (Roland Sound Canvas SC-8850 : Wide Frehrns)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ih0j38sakhlxcr/waidmanns.mp3?dl=0

Très franchement, ça m'étonnerait fortement que Flake utilise ce genre de module sonore.

je vois pas trop pourquoi, il a tappé dans l'obscure, le réputé, sur ordi, sur module; sur synthé, il y'as aucune raison qu'il n'ai pas utilisé celui là (parmi tout les trucs qu'il a gardé en stock) sachant que littéralement tout les studio en étais équipé en sound canvas dans les années 1990.

Citation

Et maintenant un nouvel épisode des analyse improbables de Reiselied

J'ai fais zigzaguer entre la chanson original et le sample (calé sur le même volume, on est pas incivilisés quand même) , pour pouvoir avoir la comparaison max possible.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gcezb89zl3iq2j5/2017-12-08 22-17-44.mov?dl=0

Les seuls couacs sont l'equalisation qui n'est pas la même, mais ça c'est de la post-prod :V

Et certains tremolos au niveau des cuivres sont timés exactement a l'identique, donc je met la patoune a couper que c'est bel et bien la bonne banque sample :V

Et du coup je farfouilles dans TOUTE les banques SC pour voir si y'en a des autres probable.

(English short ver : Just comparing the original and the SC samples, with the sound alterning between the 2, exept of equalization problems, it seems to match pretty well)

Edited by Reiselied
il y a 3 minutes, Reiselied a dit :

J'ai fais zigzaguer entre la chanson original et le sample (calé sur le même volume, on est pas incivilisés quand même) , pour pouvoir avoir la comparaison max possible.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gcezb89zl3iq2j5/2017-12-08 22-17-44.mov?dl=0

Les seuls couacs sont l'equalisation qui n'est pas la même, mais ça c'est de la post-prod :V

Et certains tremolos au niveau des cuivres sont timés exactement a l'identique, donc je met la patoune a couper que c'est bel et bien le bon sample :V

Et du coup je farfouilles dans TOUTE les banques SC pour voir si y'en a des autres probable.

Je pencherai plus sur les sons de cuivres trouvés dans le Roland VR-760. Faudra vraiment penser à vérifier sa banque de sons..

Hm oui mais non, pas possible, le VR-760 c'est surtout un orgue analogique, pas un sampler.

Mais y'as bien des samples PCM intégré, en bonus, dont des clavecins, E-pianos, pianos, Mais je n'ai trouvé aucune notion de cuivres dans le manuel et la liste des PCM présents dans l'orgue. Les seuls "samples" sont ceux-ci :

df4ad71f6b.png

...Et tout ces sons viennent de modules Sound Canvas, dont du module SC-8850 dont je parlais ,et d'ailleurs je retrouve facile ces PCMs du VR-760 dans mon VST.

On tourne en rond :lol:

Bref, le SC-8850 est sorti en 1994, le VR-760 en mars/avril 2003 et reprend des samples des précédent SC, exactement comme le fait le VST de Roland, on en revient au même.

Et si quelqu'un a joué du cuivre avec le VR, ça veut dire qu'il étais très certainement branché en midi sur un module SC ou sur n'importe quel DAW avec des samplers armés dessus , ce que Flake a peut-être fais au final, connaissant le monsieur.

Sinon aussi il faut bien se rappeller, que même si le Flake apparait souvent avec plein de synthé différents (en making off, ou en concert) il les utilise quasimment TOUJOURS, comme controlleurs midis branché a une régie ou un PC, ou les samples sont "rangés" et armés depuis ces station (bien que le Flakounet garde un controle sur la selection des samples dispo je pense), majorité de ses synthés sont vides de tout samples, il n'utilise que la partie piano et les touches de selections.

L’exception c'est L'ensoniq qui lui peut marcher tout seul, tu peut lui fourrer des samples dans le bide (la seule limite c'est l'espace disque), sans dépendre d'une régie ou d'un PC.

Et sinon le seul synthé analogique légitement utilisé par flake en concert, c'est celui là :

Un bon vieu casio toupourri des familles :lol:

Edited by Reiselied

Ce n'est qu'un orgue analogique? Alors comment se fait-il que j'y retrouve ceci, toujours dans le même manuel?

Tones.JPG

D'ailleurs écoute bien la partie intro, les cuivres sonnent bien trop "clairs" et trop attaqués pour que ça soit du Sound Canvas. Parlant de ça, les sons du VR-760 font plus réalistes que ceux du Sound Canvas et n'en utilise pratiquement pas (exceptés deux-trois). 

Edited by SkullX2
Il y a 1 heure, SkullX2 a dit :

Ce n'est qu'un orgue analogique?

"Surtout", pas qu'un, me fais pas dire ce que j'ai pas dit s'il te plait :lol:

(et sinon ouais je l'ai pas vu cette putaing de page 99, j'ai scrollé lent pourtant)

Bon, BrassSection et Ob Fat Brass trouvé dans le Canvas, https://www.dropbox.com/s/kxh9ekciq5uwpeh/sc.mp3?dl=0

C'est du Canvas de base pour le coup, pas le plus réaliste (d'ailleurs Ob = Oberheim, un vieu synthé, fallais s'y attendre) et brasssection fait parti de la game SC55, qui est un module assez vieux et bas de gamme comparé autres, j'essaye de trouver les autre correspondant a cette liste et je te les postes au fur et a mesure.

Edit 1 : Orch String et Jupiter8 str, on en est a 4 canvas pour l'instant. https://www.dropbox.com/s/6yg35ndk1xgt63v/sc2.mp3?dl=0

Edited by Reiselied