Les presets synthétiseurs de Christian Flake Lorenz

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi there, good awesome news! Watched some horror movies during Easter holidays and just made a pretty funny and amazing discovery! Flake took samples out of the famous horror film cl

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1i0CMcChVKXr-S4UU8W_bn26CF4cca3wz   Les "No! et "Yeah!" sur l'intro MIG de Bück Dich.   [Ueberschall Jam-Box>Partition K>VOCAL MIX>24 VOCA

Yes, I think it’s called masturbation.   😅

Any idea for the Weit Weg polysynth ? I was searching it yesterday on Omnisphere and i was on the P letters, i have to continue but i didn't found it.. Sounds like a polysynth were Flake used a lot the Wheel Bend

il y a 14 minutes, Atomiiik a dit :

Any idea for the Weit Weg polysynth ? I was searching it yesterday on Omnisphere and i was on the P letters, i have to continue but i didn't found it.. Sounds like a polysynth were Flake used a lot the Wheel Bend

It seems very familiar to me and I worked with Massive and FM8 two weeks ago...

• Like 1
Il y a 4 heures, mustang29 a dit :

its not something like MSX spectravideo or something in massive for weit weg?

Maintenant que tu le dis.. MSX pourquoi pas plus autre chose pour le côté polysynth why not

Il y a 22 heures, mustang29 a dit :

its not something like MSX spectravideo or something in massive for weit weg?

Seems to be MSX spectravideo with OSC Modulation pitch turned on 0 and a phaser (or some effect like that)

On 4/19/2019 at 2:15 PM, Hokkaido said:

Can you remember which one? 

NO, i am really sorry. i was a bit starstruck and DIDNT note anything down when i absolutely should have, also i tried to keep it short and not to waste his time. i remember, it was a standard preset from something vintage, had two letters and a number. something like, VS-31? something with thirty....but thats now almost 3 years ago....how time flies. i hope i will meet him again and then, i will simply film, tape him and write it down to not forget it. 

anyhow, it ISNT in omnisphere, this i remember firmly and since it sounds so much like a hammond-rock-organ thing, its gotta be something vintage. 

• Thanks 1
Il y a 3 heures, Fleischgewehr a dit :

NO, i am really sorry. i was a bit starstruck and DIDNT note anything down when i absolutely should have, also i tried to keep it short and not to waste his time. i remember, it was a standard preset from something vintage, had two letters and a number. something like, VS-31? something with thirty....but thats now almost 3 years ago....how time flies. i hope i will meet him again and then, i will simply film, tape him and write it down to not forget it. 

anyhow, it ISNT in omnisphere, this i remember firmly and since it sounds so much like a hammond-rock-organ thing, its gotta be something vintage. 

Damn! 😆  Let's play some Total Recall:

Was it a popular brand like Korg or Roland? 

Is it listed here?

http://www.synthmania.com/

Does something ring a bell? 

Vintage synths with "30":

E-MU Esi-32
Roland MKS-30
Roland MT-32
Roland SH-32

Roland JV-30 / 35

Roland JS30

Roland W30
Roland XP-30
Yamaha RY30
Yamaha CS30
Yamaha S30

Yamaha SK30
Yamaha SS30
Yamaha SY35
Yamaha TG33

Edited by Hokkaido

Radio Synthbass: Mainframe Bass (Omnisphere 2) ?

Radio Lead Mono OSC synth: Digitalized Square Lead (Omnisphere 2) ?

Edited by Atomiiik

@Hokkaido

You know what, i'll take you seriously on this, and since Flake is a longtime ROLAND friend, i say, go with the ROLANDs....Roland JV-30 / 35 might be the one. I only can remember now that it wasnt in Omnisphere 2, that it was a standard preset on that device he named, and that the name of that device had a 2-letter and 2 numbers product name, pretty damn sure. 
I dont mean to troll anyone or to brag or lie. I really had that conversation and i couldnt be more pissed with myself about not having made any notes. Well, it is what it is. 

EDIT: MAN!!!!! Remember when one user mentioned these "Echo Drops" from an old Roland soundbank and i mocked it. WELL.... here is a video of a Roland JV-35....and it shows the patch "ECHO DROPS" on it (unfortunately not being played). And from what i remember, the "ECHO DROPS" that this other user here mentioned, sounded REALLY like the ITDW thing. 
I think we are onto something. 

ECHO DROPS appearing at 2:35 and it says P:13-7 (103), which is i guess, its patchnumber... i even can provide a JV-35 manual! https://archive.org/details/synthmanual-roland-jv-35-owners-manual

Edited by Fleischgewehr
  • Like 1
Il y a 11 heures, Atomiiik a dit :

Radio Synthbass: Mainframe Bass (Omnisphere 2) ?

Radio Lead Mono OSC synth: Digitalized Square Lead (Omnisphere 2) ?

Je valide le second, le premier par contre je ne pense pas... 

• Like 1
Il y a 6 heures, Atomiiik a dit :

Echo Drops played here a 29:24

The thing is that "Echo Drop" is a General MIDI preset. So it can sound completely different on a different synth and can also be present on other brands like Yamaha or Korg...

I'll check my GM banks tonight...

Okay, found some time to check the files!

First of all the Gigapack Mellotron strings on Ich tu dir weh:

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0N2L8jijZGj

And now 3 different "Echo Drops" from three Roland Sound Canvas rips. The first one has its focus on choir, the second on bells, the third one (the closest one so far, from Roland SC-55) on a plucked instrument - now we have to find the original version with that "glitchy organ" tone... Maybe it's the one on the JV-30/35

https://vocaroo.com/i/s1FvcXplJIqC

Edit: There was also a Roland SC-33 and SD-35...

Edited by Hokkaido

When @Synth_Lead aprilfooled us, he wasnt too far off in naming PLUCKsicado. Just because it sounds A LOT like a Click Organ / Hammond Organ doesnt mean it IS one. That sound might very well be plucked. And number 3 from the SC-55 is again, quite similar.  
THEN AGAIN: If my memory serves me right, Flake said "standard preset" so, which to my understanding means, choosing the preset and playing it without ANY changes. And the one in ITDW sounds at least like that plucked instrument version, but with a veeeeeery "closed" cutoff filter. like, as if the full spectrum of sound has been muffled. maybe someone who can fiddle with the original should try using the cutoff filter, if theres a knob for it. 
I say, focus on the plucked sound one, and fiddle with the filters. Because, if you listen closely to the one in the JV1080 demo video, and compare it to the song, you WILL notice, that it has the exact same "consistency" to it, if you get my drift.

Edited by Fleischgewehr
  • Like 1
il y a 13 minutes, Fleischgewehr a dit :

When @Synth_Lead aprilfooled us, he wasnt too far off in naming PLUCKsicado. Just because it sounds A LOT like a Click Organ / Hammond Organ doesnt mean it IS one. That sound might very well be plucked. And number 3 from the SC-55 is again, quite similar.  
THEN AGAIN: If my memory serves me right, Flake said "standard preset" so, which to my understanding means, choosing the preset and playing it without ANY changes. And the one in ITDW sounds at least like that plucked instrument version, but with a veeeeeery "closed" cutoff filter. like, as if the full spectrum of sound has been muffled. maybe someone who can fiddle with the original should try using the cutoff filter, if theres a knob for it. 
I say, focus on the plucked sound one, and fiddle with the filters. Because, if you listen closely to the one in the JV1080 demo video, and compare it to the song, you WILL notice, that it has the exact same "consistency" to it, if you get my drift.

Haha that was exactly the hidden message behind my april fool !

• Like 1
Il y a 4 heures, Hokkaido a dit :

Okay, found some time to check the files!

First of all the Gigapack Mellotron strings on Ich tu dir weh:

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0N2L8jijZGj

And now 3 different "Echo Drops" from three Roland Sound Canvas rips. The first one has its focus on choir, the second on bells, the third one (the closest one so far, from Roland SC-55) on a plucked instrument - now we have to find the original version with that "glitchy organ" tone... Maybe it's the one on the JV-30/35

https://vocaroo.com/i/s1FvcXplJIqC

Edit: There was also a Roland SC-33 and SD-35...

I dont think flake used gigapack melotron for ITDW.. lesson to jacob helner video.. its sounds like preset "strings on tape" in Omnisphere. Pretty sure he used strings from omnisphere but not gigapack

At 1h02:57sec 

• Thanks 1

guys! at my new work, i am able to fiddle around with the big main DAWs and VSTs on the market, and IF you have LOGIC PRO X....go to the "plucked" section, try the SCATTER PAD. again, its NOT the ITDW one, but again, "plucked" and sounds sooo similar....so "plucked" is a definitive element there in the ITDW intro patch...

you can hear it here, just mute all the other tracks..... https://splice.com/SundryMusic/digital-time

Edited by Fleischgewehr
il y a 25 minutes, Fleischgewehr a dit :

guys! at my new work, i am able to fiddle around with the big main DAWs and VSTs on the market, and IF you have LOGIC PRO X....go to the "plucked" section, try the SCATTER PAD. again, its NOT the ITDW one, but again, "plucked" and sounds sooo similar....so "plucked" is a definitive element there in the ITDW intro patch...

you can hear it here, just mute all the other tracks..... https://splice.com/SundryMusic/digital-time

How to mute them? 😅

If you have access to Logic... Could you check the ES2 synths for Keine Lust (the rattling effect behind the guitars?) and the Amerika solo?