I'm pretty fond of cyberpunk/techwear gear myself ! But I haven't found any shop dedicated to it that seemed trustful enough quite yet... Most of the rare clothes in that style that I own comes from website which aren't specialized (like https://www.indienboutique.fr/ , who had a few pants like that) 

Zolnar seems to put some quality into their offering, but sadly they're a bit too plain for me 😅 They look more like paintball or laser tag gear than something I'd wear daily... Then again, I'm saying so despite being a loyal customer to https://punkrave.ch/fr/ , which is neither about punk nor rave cultures... Mostly about goth outfits, and quite intricate ones at that ! 

If anyone knows of something like that for cyberpunk/techwear, I'd be highly interested ~~~~ 

• Like 1
On 3/9/2023 at 7:03 AM, Ale said:

Most of the rare clothes in that style that I own comes from website which aren't specialized

@Ale it is a bit like physical shops, there never is a shop that has all the stuff you like

I am not an active shopper myself at this moment, mostly busy with new house build things. Also nowadays I try to get rid of to much stuff (including clothes) instead of buying more, 2nd hand preferred etc. Before I have ordered some at Zolnar and the quality and delivery was ok. I did find some cyberpunk like stuff on Etsy, as a selling platform for all kinds of creativity. Don't know about the conditions these clothes are made under for all these little brands though. At Zolnar I think it is produced locally. Some links I just found below with some examples

Edited by Lies
Il y a 13 heures, Lies a dit :

@Ale it is a bit like physical shops, there never is a shop that has all the stuff you like

I am not an active shopper myself at this moment, mostly busy with new house build things. Also nowadays I try to get rid of to much stuff (including clothes) instead of buying more, 2nd hand preferred etc. Before I have ordered some at Zolnar and the quality and delivery was ok. I did find some cyberpunk like stuff on Etsy, as a selling platform for all kinds of creativity. Don't know about the conditions these clothes are made under for all these little brands though. At Zolnar I think it is produced locally. Some links I just found below with some examples

That's a real problem I have... Not just with clothes, but in general : I'm a collector. I just can't part ways with old stuff I'll pretty much never use or wear anymore. I'd rather let it rot in the back of my wardrobe rather than sell or give it away. Don't really know why, but my dad does that too ! At the very least, I do have a pretty large chunk of my collection stemming from secondhand, so I'm still playing a little part...somehow? I must admit I'm not really thinking very hard about it, I just buy whatever I like. Whatever seems pretty, original or would match something else I own. 

Speaking of which, I'm always more than happy to find something else than the big brands, both designers or stores (often both). If I can find something more obscure, more novel, more specific... I'll always be very happy ! I remember when I found out about Gametee at a convention in Birmingham... They had a tiny stand, but tons of great designs ! I must admit however that such shops can be very sketchy... I bought a poster, a t-shirt and a sweatshirt from Umai Clothing and I'm really skeptical about how the clothes are made. At the very least, the designs can't survive more than a couple washes... There was also another "studio" I bought a sick jacket from a couple years ago. I got lucky apparently because a lot of people got scammed! And the shop stayed online for like 3-4 months at best. I try to be more wary these days.

I clearly don't go to Etsy nearly as much as I could or would like, but it's also a bit of a gamble. No offense to creators, but the craftmanship is not always there, especially relative to the price. I remember how I bought a Lamant Configurum (the box from Hellraiser !) for 35-40 bucks and it was pretty cheap plastic... But I also bought a leather eyepatch for a cosplay and the quality was definitely there. It was just a little small for my big head, but that ain't the fault of the creator ! :D I would love to buy a sick leather jacket from Etsy, but haven't found MY design yet. I'll keep looking ! 

• Like 1
On 3/14/2023 at 10:49 AM, Ale said:

I just can't part ways with old stuff I'll pretty much never use or wear anymore. I'd rather let it rot in the back of my wardrobe rather than sell or give it away.

@Ale It's only an issue if you feel this is an issue :lol:

At the very least, the designs can't survive more than a couple washes... There was also another "studio" I bought a sick jacket from a couple years ago. I got lucky apparently because a lot of people got scammed! And the shop stayed online for like 3-4 months at best. I try to be more wary these days.

This happens yes, unfortunately we tend to find out after the fact :(

Luckily my negative experiences on the web I can count on one hand (so far)

I clearly don't go to Etsy nearly as much as I could or would like, but it's also a bit of a gamble. No offense to creators, but the craftmanship is not always there, especially relative to the price. I remember how I bought a Lamant Configurum (the box from Hellraiser !) for 35-40 bucks and it was pretty cheap plastic.

Yeah, it's a gamble. I also got some object that looked amazing at the picture (a little tensegrity table) was awful plastic. Luckily someone came along some time later that did find it appealing and it was an unexpected gift for both of us, a byebye and a welcome, all in one go :D

I also got a very cute object made of wood, a phone stand with an animal carving. I use everyday and it is perfect. 

haven't found MY design yet

impossible to estimate what someone else fancies. But then again you can be very happy if you find something that really pleases you :lol: