Les presets synthétiseurs de Christian Flake Lorenz

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi there, good awesome news! Watched some horror movies during Easter holidays and just made a pretty funny and amazing discovery! Flake took samples out of the famous horror film cl

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1i0CMcChVKXr-S4UU8W_bn26CF4cca3wz   Les "No! et "Yeah!" sur l'intro MIG de Bück Dich.   [Ueberschall Jam-Box>Partition K>VOCAL MIX>24 VOCA

Yes, I think it’s called masturbation.   😅

Hi! So, I was wondering, and, I think that Flake used The Voder disk from Waveboy Effects for the robotic voice of 5/4 instead of the TI Speak&Spell, because of its very kids look haha, he probably wrote Rammstein, and since Ensoniq only worked with english words, that's why it only spelled it. And it was probably used in Seid Bereit, for the Vocoder in the song.

I mean, I don't even know how that disk works, so, anyone with an ASR or EPS 16 Plus is able to check this, please?

• Like 1
il y a 16 minutes, DuduMil a dit :

Hi! So, I was wondering, and, I think that Flake used The Voder disk from Waveboy Effects for the robotic voice of 5/4 instead of the TI Speak&Spell, because of its very kids look haha, he probably wrote Rammstein, and since Ensoniq only worked with english words, that's why it only spelled it. And it was probably used in Seid Bereit, for the Vocoder in the song.

I mean, I don't even know how that disk works, so, anyone with an ASR or EPS 16 Plus is able to check this, please?

5/4 is for sure the Speak & Spell letters from X-Static Goldmine

• Thanks 1

I saw online that he said on a podcast called "Die Sendung" that he used an Ensoniq feature called "Vocoder" to create that robotic voice, because his intention was to make it say Rammstein and not spell it, I'll see if I find it online.

Edit: https://youtu.be/9wjgOAq8-oE?t=5219

It should be marked where he says that, but, in case it isn't: 1:26:59

Edited by DuduMil
  • Thanks 2
Il y a 9 heures, DuduMil a dit :

I saw online that he said on a podcast called "Die Sendung" that he used an Ensoniq feature called "Vocoder" to create that robotic voice, because his intention was to make it say Rammstein and not spell it, I'll see if I find it online.

Edit: https://youtu.be/9wjgOAq8-oE?t=5219

It should be marked where he says that, but, in case it isn't: 1:26:59

That's for Seid bereit (there's "Rammstein" in it) or the Mutter Remix (same vocoder effect) - a human voice manipulated by hardware.

5/4 is not a vocoder because the TI Speak & Spell doesn't use a human voice as input or is a musical gear at all. The TI Speak & Spell also has a very distinct sound:

Edited by Hokkaido
50 minutes ago, Hokkaido said:

That's for Seid bereit (there's "Rammstein" in it) or the Mutter Remix (same vocoder effect) - a human voice manipulated by hardware.

5/4 is not a vocoder because the TI Speak & Spell doesn't use a human voice as input or is a musical gear at all. The TI Speak & Spell also has a very distinct sound:

Hmm, I don't really think so, he was definitely speaking about 5/4, and he probably got the name wrong, maybe instead of vocoder, he wanted to say the voder, because, as far as I know, Ensoniq ASR/EPS 16 Plus didn't have any vocoder capabilities. With the voder, I think you could form words, and then play them with any preset, I really think that Flake did that.

EDIT: Translation of what he said: Because there was no text, on the Ensoniq I had to form words out of letters, and on the Ensoniq there was this software-instrument called Vocoder and I had with my old sampler, dont know how you did it but you had to put in a CD note and then you could play each letter after one another and I tried forming the word Rammstein. What went wrong so far because Ensoniq is an American company or an English one and then it sounds like Awwhhrrr and not ERRRR so like they didnt have a RRRR so it was Awwhhrrr (English way of saying R) Ai (English way of saying I) and now I say, so to say as the sample singer not Rammstein but Wammsteein and that is then the whole text, not the crowning of creation but it was a shame about the song.

Edited by DuduMil
il y a 9 minutes, DuduMil a dit :

Hmm, I don't really think so, he was definitely speaking about 5/4, and he probably got the name wrong, maybe instead of vocoder, he wanted to say the voder, because, as far as I know, Ensoniq ASR/EPS 16 Plus didn't have any vocoder capabilities. With the voder, I think you could form words, and then play them with any preset, I really think that Flake did that.

EDIT: Translation of what he said: Because there was no text, on the Ensoniq I had to form words out of letters, and on the Ensoniq there was this software-instrument called Vocoder and I had with my old sampler, dont know how you did it but you had to put in a CD note and then you could play each letter after one another and I tried forming the word Rammstein. What went wrong so far because Ensoniq is an American company or an English one and then it sounds like Awwhhrrr and not ERRRR so like they didnt have a RRRR so it was Awwhhrrr (English way of saying R) Ai (English way of saying I) and now I say, so to say as the sample singer not Rammstein but Wammsteein and that is then the whole text, not the crowning of creation but it was a shame about the song.

Sounds more like a dumped idea because there's no song with Wammsteen in it - leading to Seid bereit vocoder and the 5/4 Speak & Spell, which is clearly a single letter spelling

• Like 1

For his podcast Flake, Des Tastenfickers Podcast i download all of them before RadioEins deleted them, i only miss thoses since 2017 here is the list of missing ones:

- Tod

- Bands, die uns begleiten

- Gast Kiev Stingl

- Doppelalbum

- Freiheit

- Lucky Man

- Love You Live

- Herzen

Probably Flake tells something interessting about synth stuff ect... But i don't understand German 😂

Here is my Flake Podcast folder

il y a 51 minutes, Atomiiik a dit :

For his podcast Flake, Des Tastenfickers Podcast i download all of them before RadioEins deleted them, i only miss thoses since 2017 here is the list of missing ones:

- Tod

- Bands, die uns begleiten

- Gast Kiev Stingl

- Doppelalbum

- Freiheit

- Lucky Man

- Love You Live

- Herzen

Probably Flake tells something interessting about synth stuff ect... But i don't understand German 😂

Here is my Flake Podcast folder

Thank you so much! That's a treasure cove! Will listen to them all 😄

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Hokkaido said:

Still figuring out the Tier orchestra hits...

The super standard Roland JV 2080 ones come pretty close:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/0usiszvvb258x72/Roland_JV_2080_Tier_Hits.wav/file

Oh, yes, it originaly appeared in the Roland JV-1080, I remember hearing thar hit in Goldeneye 007 for the Nintendo 64 haha

Edited by DuduMil
  • Like 1

I found a sample used in Zeit (Video), between the song and the outro

Voice Crystal - Steve Reid Definitive Percussion, Track 2, Sample 8 "Waterphone (Low Bend & Growl)"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
il y a 29 minutes, Hokkaido a dit :

Not sure about that 😆 I think it's just the metallic tone of the deeper octave Orchestra Hit with Delay/reverb

If you listen closely, you can make out some kind of scream among the hits.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, SkullX2 said:

If you listen closely, you can make out some kind of scream among the hits.

Yes, I just heard it, it's definitely that sound. It's amazing that you can hear those sounds that are covered with a lot of effects and guitars and shits like that haha. Very good ☺️

• Like 2

I managed to recreate some sounds of the Nord Lead in the Microkorg, if you have a Microkorg and want to test them out, feel free to download them here 

Some of them sound very close to the original presets, but some of them, like the preset 81 and 28, they don't sound like the original, but yeah, I tried haha

• Thanks 1