Les presets synthétiseurs de Christian Flake Lorenz

il y a 5 minutes, DuduMil a dit :

Hmm, I don't really think it was recorded, because in the description they would certainly mention the crew that worked with them, and I don't really spot anything. I also agree with you, the choir that plays after Choral FX From Hades is Church Choir.

The credit sections on the album does says:

Orchestra, brass and choir arrangements on "Rammlied", "Waidmanns Heil", "B********", "Roter Sand", "Haifisch", "Roter Sand (Orchester Version)" and "Donaukinder" by Sven Helbig.
Performed by "Filmorchester Babelsberg", conducted by Jörg Iwer.

Plus, they sound too "smooth" for them to be VST.

• Confused 1
  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi there, good awesome news! Watched some horror movies during Easter holidays and just made a pretty funny and amazing discovery! Flake took samples out of the famous horror film cl

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1i0CMcChVKXr-S4UU8W_bn26CF4cca3wz   Les "No! et "Yeah!" sur l'intro MIG de Bück Dich.   [Ueberschall Jam-Box>Partition K>VOCAL MIX>24 VOCA

Yes, I think it’s called masturbation.   😅

On 2/20/2023 at 10:15 PM, DuduMil said:

Omnisphere - Choir - Warped Crowds

Tattoo solo choir?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nRaiuxIjvI-oV7ONCkGQE0rGiInDx2Jy/view?usp=sharing

I'm not sure, I think it might be Classical Soprano Ohs? https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ud0Fa9nVy5SokbmIT8cYczTDCZWKSzPl/view?usp=drive_link

The choir in the Tattoo Choruses is definitely Boys Choir Oos: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yiT6NP705vhd3bLvs4pUbP6b7mnz1Qlj/view?usp=drive_link but it sounds like the choir in the bridge ("Deine Namen stech ich mir") is slightly different. I can't decide if it's English Combined Choir or Boys Choir Aahs, does anyone with access to the surround mix have a better idea?

Also, a note for all you sample hunters out there - a lot of the Omnisphere choirs previously appeared on Spectrasonics Symphony of Voices so if you're willing to make your own instruments from the WAVs you can get some of these sounds much cheaper than buying Omnisphere. E.g. Omnisphere Boys Choir Oos uses the same raw samples as Symphony of Voices Volume 3 -> Partition B -> 01 BOYS OOS.

10 hours ago, valedj04 said:

Guys sorry again for the inconvenience.
I would need to know what preset/sample he used in asche.
the organ preset, not the mellotron.

thanks so much again

I don't think anyone has figured it out exactly. You can search this thread for more details but the current thinking is it's from the ASR-10 library with the distortion effect?

1 hour ago, MorayM said:

I'm not sure, I think it might be Classical Soprano Ohs? https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ud0Fa9nVy5SokbmIT8cYczTDCZWKSzPl/view?usp=drive_link

The choir in the Tattoo Choruses is definitely Boys Choir Oos: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yiT6NP705vhd3bLvs4pUbP6b7mnz1Qlj/view?usp=drive_link but it sounds like the choir in the bridge ("Deine Namen stech ich mir") is slightly different. I can't decide if it's English Combined Choir or Boys Choir Aahs, does anyone with access to the surround mix have a better idea?

Also, a note for all you sample hunters out there - a lot of the Omnisphere choirs previously appeared on Spectrasonics Symphony of Voices so if you're willing to make your own instruments from the WAVs you can get some of these sounds much cheaper than buying Omnisphere. E.g. Omnisphere Boys Choir Oos uses the same raw samples as Symphony of Voices Volume 3 -> Partition B -> 01 BOYS OOS.

Hi! Just forget about the Warped Crowds for Tattoo, those were recorded with a real person haha.

Also, since you have access to the Nord Sample Library, can you check the preset Harp, or Harp1 for the harp of Lügen please?

On 6/30/2020 at 2:42 PM, Hokkaido said:

I think it's not Ensoniq at all. My guess is Roland or a Techno Sample CD from the early 90s. The duck-like FM Bass from Sehnsucht and Spiel mit mir can be heard in several Eurodance and Techno productions from the early 90s:

00:36 

00:30

On 6/30/2020 at 2:42 PM, Hokkaido said:

I think it's not Ensoniq at all. My guess is Roland or a Techno Sample CD from the early 90s. The duck-like FM Bass from Sehnsucht and Spiel mit mir can be heard in several Eurodance and Techno productions from the early 90s:

00:36 

00:30

I think is a Nord Lead preset but modified. There are no presets like this synthbass, I try to make it myself. But is very very strong.

il y a 4 minutes, Stefano a dit :

I think is a Nord Lead preset but modified. There are no presets like this synthbass, I try to make it myself. But is very very strong.

Nord Lead was released in 1995 and Sehnsucht had the synthbass also in 1995 (Afrika, Bad Freienwalde).

All the Nord Lead synths til 1996 (Alter Mann, Bestrafe mich live) were different back then. So the Spiel mit mir / Sehnsucht synth must be something different because they already used it in the 95/96 versions

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Hokkaido said:

Nord Lead was released in 1995 and Sehnsucht had the synthbass also in 1995 (Afrika, Bad Freienwalde).

All the Nord Lead synths til 1996 (Alter Mann, Bestrafe mich live) were different back then. So the Spiel mit mir / Sehnsucht synth must be something different because they already used it in the 95/96 versions

Ummmm yeah, you are right. 👍👍

il y a 34 minutes, Stefano a dit :

It could be a Yamaha SY77/85/99 / TG77 / TG500

The synth basses I've heard so far on preview demos are very similar to the ones on Herzeleid

Edited by Hokkaido
2 minutes ago, mustang29 said:

I still think its lsx31 steak from ensoniq, layer 2 if i remember with the modwheel affected to the filter cut off

It's definitely from Waveboy Effects, but I don't really think it's LSX31 STEAK, maybe another one? Like, LSX27 SQUEEK from the Disk 1, the same where Classic Pad is located.

6 hours ago, mikelorenz said:

{CD2>Vocal Sound>Choir>Small Choir}

Maybe (Small Choir) is one of the choruses of Stripped

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fFQ2UA-Kk2O_2V44LTL96BR1nV8fKduP/view?usp=sharing

It's Ambient Poly from the Nord Lead. For Empereor, I'm not sure, it sounds that it's more from an AKAI library than Ensoniq.

Just found this video of Jacob Hellner going through the Ich Tu Dir Weh session. The quality is garbage but it includes a bit on the keyboards: 

Confirms that the lead sound is from the ASR-10 (although no idea what the original sample was). We also get to hear the isolated strings, which sound way more like a Mellotron than I expected. They don't sound like the Studio Tron Strings used elsewhere on LIFAD, or like the Akai MLTRN STRNG1 used for Asche Zu Asche though.

On 11/7/2023 at 11:36 AM, DuduMil said:

Also, since you have access to the Nord Sample Library, can you check the preset Harp, or Harp1 for the harp of Lügen please?

I've only got an older version of it (for the Electro 4D) which doesn't include the newer sounds on the ones Flake uses. The only Harp sample in my version is "Harp__DVv4" which is quite a dull sound compared to the one on Lugen. The Lugen harp sounds like it was recorded with a very close mic, this one is roomier.

Il y a 1 heure, MorayM a dit :

Just found this video of Jacob Hellner going through the Ich Tu Dir Weh session. The quality is garbage but it includes a bit on the keyboards: 

Confirms that the lead sound is from the ASR-10 (although no idea what the original sample was). We also get to hear the isolated strings, which sound way more like a Mellotron than I expected. They don't sound like the Studio Tron Strings used elsewhere on LIFAD, or like the Akai MLTRN STRNG1 used for Asche Zu Asche though.

Vocal pad used. Same for waidman heil and FIP

1 hour ago, MorayM said:

I've only got an older version of it (for the Electro 4D) which doesn't include the newer sounds on the ones Flake uses. The only Harp sample in my version is "Harp__DVv4" which is quite a dull sound compared to the one on Lugen. The Lugen harp sounds like it was recorded with a very close mic, this one is roomier.

You have what version? Because I've once had access to a Nord Wave, which had the Nord Sample Library 2.0, and there was one preset called Harp1 that was veeeery similar to the Lügen harp. If it's not from there, yes, it's definitely recorded with a real harp.

il y a 10 minutes, DuduMil a dit :

You have what version? Because I've once had access to a Nord Wave, which had the Nord Sample Library 2.0, and there was one preset called Harp1 that was veeeery similar to the Lügen harp. If it's not from there, yes, it's definitely recorded with a real harp.

Best Harp from wall of sound 🤣

Well, to me it isn't, because of the sound quality and shit (to me, just by listening to the song, its harp sounds way to realistic to be from the ASR), but, everyone has their opinion, and I respect that :P

• Haha 1
il y a 2 minutes, DuduMil a dit :

The synth above the ASR-10 in the Pussy video clip, is a Moog Prodigy. According to Atomik, this synth was sold by RZK some time ago.
886892913_Screenshot2023-11-08213859.png.791666bb735359f2d4c437e82c51bc71.png
392455832_Screenshot2023-11-08213928.thumb.png.e90a7f3196a8d3f127a279c82cb9a8b7.png

Oh nice, never noticed it was from this video

Here are some photos published by Richard on the selling page

Screenshot_20230718-131844_Reverb.thumb.jpg.9cf9050a867ce7cd6316fc80e52f2634.jpg

Screenshot_20230718-131800_Reverb.thumb.jpg.b5cea8e09b6f1f147502d859bf4624f9.jpg

Screenshot_20230718-131045_Reverb.thumb.jpg.bbea389f1cd43c47ba79a3cdd8d814e7.jpg

Screenshot_20230718-131830_Reverb.thumb.jpg.8be30a6deb620dbe25474435647a360b.jpgScreenshot_20230718-131909_Reverb.thumb.jpg.c4829f21e66a4471e698f722a688032f.jpg

Screenshot_20230718-131838_Reverb.jpg

Screenshot_20230718-131851_Reverb.jpg

Screenshot_20230718-131824_Reverb.jpg

• Like 1
15 hours ago, DuduMil said:

There's no harp player credited in the liner notes (not that they've ever been particularly open about who plays what on albums). It's an easy instrument to sample so there's no reason to get a harpist in to play such a simple part.

Do you mean these Nord samples? https://www.nordkeyboards.com/sound-libraries/nord-sample-library-20/guitars-ethnic-string I can see if I my old Electro can read it.