Guitars (studio & live)
Richard owns since 2005 an ESP signature guitar. The first version is available in "Titanium" finish and then in the 2009 Musikmesse in Frankfurt are presented two new colors, "Olympic White" and "Satin Black". It is used in drop C during the Reise, Reise tour, then in standard thuning, drop C or drop D sur le LIFAD tour.
Since 2010, the RZK-I has a new "Burnt" finish.
|Construction Type||Solid body|
|Neck construction||Set in neck|
|Scale Length||25,5" / 64,8cm|
|Fretboard Inlays||Cross inlays|
|Pickup||H-H, 2x Humbucker|
|Pickup Bridge||EMG 81|
|Pick up selecter||3-way toggle|
|Nut||Floyd Rose Locking, R2|
|Bridge||Floyd Rose Style|
|Hardware||Gotoh Deluxe in Chrome|
The RZK-II marks the revival of the Richard signatures. Only the "Burnt" finish is marketed, but Richard has a "Titanium" finish that can be seen in the Pussy video.
Specifications are the same as those of RZK-I but the scale has a length of 24,76" instead of 25,5".
Richard uses this acoustic guitar only in studio.
Richard uses a Shure Super 55 Deluxe microphone mounted on a telescopic leg which getting up or down with a pedal.
Richard's sound engineer, Lutz Buch, describes on this video the gear used by Richard during the LIFAD tour.
|Amp heads||Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifiers Pre 500|
|Power amp||Mesa Boogie 295 Simulclass Stereo Power Amp|
|Effects processor||Eventide Eclipse|
|Microphones||Telefunken U47 ; Neumann M149|
|Microphone pre-amp||1081 Neve|
|Speakers||Mesa Boogie Rectifier|
|Strings||SIT strings ; Dean Markley|
Richard created in 2010 with Native Instruments an amp simulation software, which creates a sound close to his. Richard uses Rammfire to record his demos.
You can click on the links to see the guitars without leaving the page.
- ESP Truckster James Heltfield Silver Signature (My World video)
- ESP LTD EC-50 Black (Mann gegen Mann video)
- ESP Eclipse-I CTM Black Vintage (Reise, Reise tour)
- ESP LTD EC-1000QM See-Through Black Cherry (Mutter tour & Reise, Reise tour)
- ESP KH-4 Kirk Hammett Signature (Mutter tour & Reise, Reise tour)
- ESP LTD EC-400 Red (Mutter tour)
- ESP Akauzu-Kun Közi Signature See-Through Red (Mutter tour)
- ESP KH-2 Kirk Hammett Signature (Sehnsucht tour)
- Fender Stratocaster Tobacco Sunburst (Herzeleid tour)
- ESP 901 (from 1994 to the Mutter tour)
- Takamine EF341SC (acoustic guitar)
On Bück dich, Richard used a Roland PC-200MKII.
During the Made In Germany tour, he uses an Alesis QX49 keyboard to launch the samples of the Bück dich introduction.